NOTHING GOLD CAN STAY
Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
By Robert Frost
Autumn is my absolute favourite season. With the beautiful changing colours of the leaves and the misty, dew-filled mornings, I am in total awe of the beauty around me. There is so much to do and appreciate in autumn and I love to make the most of the season. Mrs Phillips
With that in mind, I have put together a little autumn themed challenge list for you to try together with your family.
- Roast marshmallows
- Carve pumpkins together
- Host a family game night
- Enjoy a foggy morning walk together
- Create your own Halloween costumes together
- Take a new family photo among the crisp, autumn leaves
- Go a picnic
- Make Halloween treats & spooky snacks
- Snuggle up and watch a family movie
- DIY leaf crafts together
- Find the largest pumpkin. (You could even hold a contest to see which family member can find the biggest pumpkin)
- Sit outside with hot chocolate while telling spooky stories and telling funny jokes
- Have a slumber party on the living room floor while watching Halloween movies – child friendly ones, of course
- Open the windows to let in the crisp Autumn air
- Take a leisurely walk and take in the seasonal colours
- Do a nature scavenger hunt together
- Bake a pie
- Jump in a pile of leaves
- Go stargazing in your back garden
- Donate to a food bank or food pantry
- Make leaf art
- Spend a day putting together a puzzle
- Eat breakfast in bed
- Make homemade toffee apples
- Paint an autumn themed picture
- Go on a road trip and soak in the autumn colours – don’t forget to take a hot picnic!
- Gather treasures for nature crafts
- Cosy up with your favourite book or discover a new favourite
- Make a list of all the things you are thankful for
So, there you have it. It’s a big list with plenty to do to enjoy the half term. How many can you do?