The Governors and I are committed to you and the needs of your child. Our aim and intention is that both you and your child will have a rewarding and happy experience at Two Mile Ash School. We firmly believe that your child has the right to the best education possible, so that he or she can reach their full potential and, at the same time, find that school life at Two Mile Ash can be interesting and enjoyable.
Parents and school have a common and shared interest – your child, working together in partnership. This partnership builds a firm foundation from which your child will develop the skills necessary for their future.
We aim to make your child’s transition from their previous school to ours as smooth and trouble free as possible. We know that generally, children make the move from one school to another easily and without experiencing any problems at all. However, things may seem ‘different’ at first and children may feel unsure especially in the first few days. This is entirely normal, understandable and quickly passes.
Our commitment to you, your child and our partnership, means we ensure our school is an ‘open’ and welcoming school. Please do not hesitate to contact the school at any time or come in to see us.
The following information is intended to help you and make your child feel welcome as they join the school. It deals only with matters of general importance and you are welcome to raise items of an individual nature or of a private concern, at any time. The Governors, staff and I, at Two Mile Ash School, are committed to helping your child develop and obtain a full, happy and thorough education in the most complete way possible. With your help and support in our partnership, this will be assured.
I look forward to welcoming your family to Two Mile Ash School.
Two Mile Ash School is an Academy School and, as such, the Governing Body of the school and not Milton Keynes Local Authority (the LA), is responsible for deciding on admissions. The dates and process of applications will be in accordance with the Coordinated Admissions Scheme, details of which will be published by the LA.
Children with Statements of Special Educational Needs or an Educational Healthcare Plan (EHC) naming Two Mile Ash School will be given priority for admission at the normal transfer point at Year 3.
The number of intended admissions currently stands at 170 in Years 3, 4, 5, 6.
Two Mile Ash School will admit pupils aged 7 to 11 years of age (i.e. Years 3, 4, 5 and 6) based on the following admissions criteria:
- Children in Care.
- Pupils who live in the defined area; Great Holm, Two Mile Ash and Crownhill to the north of Monro Avenue and Marley Grove.
- Children of staff at Two Mile Ash School where the member of staff has been employed, on a continuous service, at the school for 2 or more years, at the time the application for admission is made.
- Pupils attending a school which is in the defined area served by the school, i.e. Ashbrook or Holmwood Schools.
- Pupils with a sibling attending the school at the time of admission. A sibling is a brother or sister, which for admission purposes means brothers and sisters of whole or half blood or any other child (including an adopted child) who permanently resides at the same address and for who the parent also has parental responsibility. For multiple births, in cases where there is one remaining place available and the next child on the waiting list is one of a twin, triplet or other multiple birth group, both twins would be admitted (or all siblings in the case of multiple births) even if this goes above the admission number for the school.
- Children living outside the defined area.
If the school is oversubscribed, places will be allocated according to the shortest direct route (i.e. straight line) of the pupil’s home address to the main entrance of the school, using a computerised measuring system, with those living closer to the school receiving the higher priority.
You will find all the information required to make an application for a place at Two Mile Ash School below.
This is for children starting junior school for the first time in September following a child’s 7th birthday. Applications to start at the normal point of entry must be submitted to the council by the deadline date and will be processed in accordance with the ‘Co-ordinated Scheme for Primary Schools’ to ensure that across the country, children starting school for the first time or transferring from an infant or junior/primary school on to the next phase of their education are offered a school place on the same day – National Offer Day.
This is for children joining at any other time. When applying in-year, a primary in-year application must be completed for each child. Applications will be processed in date receipt order. Proof of residency or documentary evidence of a house move will be required to determine the priority ranking on the school’s waiting list.
Two Mile Ash School Information for Parents
Admission form (for all children who have been offered a place at Two Mile Ash School)