All Child Protection concerns need to be acted on immediately.
If you are concerned that a child may be at risk or is actually suffering abuse, you should tell one of the Designated Safeguarding Teachers at Two Mile Ash School who are:-
- Hayley Donohue (Assistant Head, Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Lucy Eldridge (Head of School, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Kelly Cursley (Deputy Head, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Sophie Haycock (Assistant Head, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Roxanne Jackson (Assistant Head, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Sally Moisi (Assistant Head, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
All Adults, including the designated safeguarding teachers, have a duty of care by law to refer all known or suspected cases of abuse to the relevant agency including social services or the police. Where a disclosure is made to a visiting staff member from a different agency, e.g. Connexions or School Nurse, it is the responsibility of that agency staff to formally report the referral to the School’s Designated Person in the first instance. Where the disclosure is made by a child attending a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) or alternative provision, the referral should be recorded and referred to the On-Site Senior Designated Person and a formal notification made to the school’s SDP where the child is on role for information or appropriate action to be taken. Any records made should be kept securely (locked) on the Child’s main school/child Protection file.