Values and Ethos
Our Two Mile Ash School Offer
The curriculum is all the planned activities that we organise in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. It includes not only the formal requirements of the National Curriculum, but also the range of extra-curricular activities that the school organises in order to enrich the experience of the children. It also includes the ‘hidden curriculum’; what the children learn from the way they are treated and expected to behave. We aim to teach children how to grow into positive, responsible people, who can work and co-operate with others while developing knowledge and skills, so that they achieve their true potential.
Our school curriculum at Two Mile Ash is underpinned by our common ethos and shared values that we hold dear. The curriculum is the means by which the school achieves its objective of educating children in the knowledge, skills and understanding that they need in order to lead fulfilling lives.
- We value the way in which all children are unique, and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual child, as well as for people of all cultures.
- We value the spiritual and moral development of each person as well as their intellectual and physical growth.
- We value the importance of each person in our community. We organise our curriculum so that we promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our community.
- We value the rights enjoyed by each person in our society. We respect each child in our school for who they are, and we treat them with fairness and honesty. We aim to enable each person to be successful, and we provide equal opportunities for all the children in our school.
- We value our environment and we aim, through our curriculum, to teach respect for our world and how we should care for it for future generations, as well as our own.
At Two Mile Ash we have created a broad, balanced, rich and vibrant curriculum, to excite and motivate our children; enabling them to develop confidence in themselves as independent, enthusiastic life-long learners.
It is our duty to foster an environment where children feel they are making a difference. We believe that when children take ownership and feel their voice is heard then there is a far greater commitment and desire for all to work together for a common good. At Two Mile Ash we provide a huge variety of opportunities for children to be heard.
Indeed, it is what our philosophy has always been based on and underpins our every decision.