All Child Protection concerns need to be acted on immediately.
If you are concerned that a child may be at risk or is actually suffering abuse, you should tell one of the Designated Safeguarding Staff at Two Mile Ash School who are:-
- Hayley Cook (Senior Deputy Head, Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Sophie Haycock (Deputy Head, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Lucy Eldridge (Head of School, Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Heather Cormack-Mattu (Assistant Head, Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Sally Scriven (Assistant Head, Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Natalie Phillips (Children's Wellbeing Coach, Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Mary Roberts (Manager of Kidz Club, Designated Safeguarding Officer)
All Adults, including the designated safeguarding staff, have a duty of care by law to refer all known or suspected cases of abuse to the relevant agency including social services or the police. Where a disclosure is made to a visiting staff member from a different agency, e.g. Connexions or School Nurse, it is the responsibility of that agency staff to formally report the referral to the School’s Designated Person in the first instance. Where the disclosure is made by a child attending a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) or alternative provision, the referral should be recorded and referred to the On-Site Senior Designated Person and a formal notification made to the school’s SDP where the child is on role for information or appropriate action to be taken. Any records made should be kept securely (locked) on the Child’s main school/child Protection file.
Please see our policies page for our Child Protection Policy.